Sunday, June 5, 2011

What's in the Fridge?


Last night, instead of baking zucchini and chicken enchiladas in the 90 degree heat, I rummaged in the refrigerator for something to go with mushroom ravioli. I sauteed some tiny tomatoes (which turned out to be remarkably meaty) with hot turkey italian sausage, added sliced orange bell peppers and last but not least fresh spinach. I sprinkled in a little basil and fennel and cooked the whole thing for as long as I felt like cooking it. Each serving of the vegetable mixture was topped with some ravioli and grated parmesan cheese. Easy breezy and completely delicious - I'm not usually successful at making stuff up so it was a pleasant surprise.

What's your favorite original dish?

1 comment:

  1. Favorite fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants dish = asparagus parmesan frittata.

    ReplyDelete